Some say 40 is a big year.
I see 40 as a time that we have become much wiser about our surroundings, obviously, opening eyes and seeing things a little differently than how we were brought up to see things (thanks media!).
Here are 40 things I have learned from 40 years on this earth (views are all my own – and reflect everything about me! – if you know me well, you know that I don’t judge you for your own beliefs – especially #15 🙂):
- The purpose in life is to be happy.
- Love is all you need.
- Health matters more than you realize.
- What you consume- you are. Garbage in, garbage out. You are what you eat.
- Nobody knows exactly what they are doing- the CEO, the prime minister, the president. We are always learning.
- Constantly learning is the key to growing.
- Family and friends come first.
- Make people smile, everyday.
- Take care of yourself first- if you don’t, it’s hard to help others properly.
- Include daily meditation/mindfulness.
- Exercise daily– even if it’s only 10 minutes.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Be kind to the earth-it’s the only one we have.
- Have respect for animals, they are living creatures, just like you.
- Meat really is murder.
- Give back to your community – help it grow and develop.
- Read- daily- expand your mind and grow.
- Appreciate the simple things… like clouds, stars and the sunrise.
- Be bored.
- Say yes- even if you’re scared or unsure (OK as long as it’s safe).
- Enjoy and live in every moment.
- Allow time to think.
- We are here to love.
- Life is all a stage. You are the lead actor. Learn and practice your lines.
- Give back.
- Focus on helping people. That is where you will feel the most gratitude.
- Spend time alone- listening to yourself.
- Breathe during the difficult times.
- Put yourself in others shoes as much as you can.
- We are all playing this game together, play nicely.
- Spend time in nature- pay attention to the complex simplicity of it all.
- Respect the ocean.
- It’s ok to make mistakes, just learn from them.
- Just start.
- Focus on doing your best work, make friends, learn and grow.
- We are such a small part of this galaxy. Remember that.
- Leave this earth better than you found it.
Key takeaways cheat sheet of 40 Things I Have Learned:
Be Happy. Stay Healthy. Love Everyone. Grow.