Is it possible that you can you have a plethora of impact with one piece of information, with minimal efforts?
This “digital marketing” trick will change your social strategy forever!
How can you get more impact with your social distribution, with less work?
Take a moment to think about all of your social channels and how you are using them for social distribution. Are you using them to their fullest advantage? Cross promoting and targeting different messages to the same piece of information where it makes sense? Most likely not, and in this post I will show you a 3-step process where you can take one simple, well thought out blog post and blow up your social traffic.
Step 1: The meat (or tofu) of it all
Your cornerstone content should always live within your blog. You should own this. Not LinkedIn, Not Medium and Not Facebook. This is where you will grow, nourish and build your community. Your blog is where you are going to drive ALL of your custom content to. This is where your audience will go to learn and discover more about you, and your business. This is your social distribution hub of education and knowledge. Spend the time to write compelling articles that are well outlined and have the audience yearning for more, yet feeling satisfied that they have learned something. Other social properties like LinkedIn, Medium and Google+ can be used to promote and provide additional insight on this cornerstone content.
Step 2: Social distribution
Once you have this gorgeous blog post live, its time to promote throughout your social media channels.
- Email – do you have an email newsletter? Add this to the mix of content for the next issue. Do you know people that could benefit from this content? Send them an email with some insight on why you think this would benefit them. They will be grateful for this personal touch.
- Social –
- Twitter: Create a unique image with copy (try out Canva) and drive traffic back to your blog post.
- LinkedIn: Outline your post from a different angle, and publish a LinkedIn longform post that directs users back to the full post on your blog. Also, drop a line about it and link back to your post within your news feed. If the post is extra special, or you want to push it that extra mile, try out a LinkedIn sponsored update to get it in front of your target audience. Posts with compelling images have higher click through rates, so make sure to add an image.
- Instagram: Pull out an interesting stat, or quote from your blog post to share with your audience. Instagram may not have the ability to link to a url, but it will help you as you build your brand, and be seen as the leader within your circle.
- Facebook: Share a personal story on why this post would work well for the audience. And attach a compelling image to it.
- Slideshare: Break the post up into actionable elements and lay them out in a slide presentation format.
- Employee Advocacy – read more about how you can harness the power of your employees to spread the word.
Step 3: Social learning re-package
Webinar, Course, Training, eBook. Wrapping up the content in new ways can lead to greater audience adoption and interest. Brainstorm how you can align the content you have created to publish a webinar teaching others in more detail. Similar to the webinar, outline a course that people interested in your topic can follow online. With all of this great content, why not expand it, drop it into a page layout tool, add a cover and wrap it up as an ebook you can hand out to your audience for joining your email list?
Do you have any other ideas on how you can reuse and repackage your content?