What is your personal brand?
Building your personal brand is how you make your presence known. Its one of your first steps to breaking out of obscurity. Design your personal brand to closely tie into your personal vision for your life.
Why is your personal brand important to you? Is it for better job opportunities, better business contacts, industry recognition, or a stronger professional network.
Your success depends on how you look
Why is this important? Consistency. Are you talking about the same or similar topics? Are you engaged in discussions that revolve around your background, expertise and areas of interest? These will all help guide your personal brand.
3 things to keep in mind when building your personal brand online
- Identify your passions – Do what you love. Love what you do..
- Review your social media – Make sure it lines up with the way you want to be seen in the marketplace.
- Exposure – Get out there. Blog, post, and participate within your community. Be known as the expert.
Examples of kick ass personal brands
- Lewis Howes – helps you become the greatest person you are meant to be
- Jamie Oliver – good healthy eating for everyone
- Grant Cardone – your personal 10X coach in business and life
Take a look at these examples. Visit their social properties. Notice their timing and how they are engaging their audience.